Friday, January 28, 2011

Black & Bold

Today I will be shooting a fashion and beauty editorial entitled Black & Bold with my amazing friend Jon Cancelino. The shoot takes on the artful side to makeup, hair and of course styling. All of our models will be African American or bi-racial and will be wearing Springs hottest shades. 
I love what designers are doing this season; airy silhouettes, bright shades and 70s references. This seasons looks channel the heyday of Halston and the free loving days of the late 60s. I kind of love it.  







I love the use of flowers in the hair, dark eyes and ethereal colors. 
Melissa always makes some fun kitschy shoes, this platform wedge is great for comfort and encompasses the seasons hottest color.

 Versace's look book is STUNNING. I love the color, the shapes and of course the shoes. This collection is beautiful. I can't wait to use the separates in our shoot and I think I will be buying the lime tennis dress for myself. 




Awww, Jeffrey Campbell. There are no words to describe his genius. Love the shoes, love this look book. the end.





Nanette Lepore has some great basics, as you can tell by everything so far, this peachy rose shade is in. It looks pretty awful on me so I will be sticking to using it in accessories and trim.


Finally, Marc Jacobs, you can do no wrong. Your show is always one of my favorites and in September you did it again. One of my favorite things to do is write down my favorite collections of the shows and then when we start the actual season, going back and taking a look back at said favorite collections. When I watched the MJ show I fell in love, I literally felt like I could wear every piece. 





Designers...
Nanette Lepore Spring 2011
Versace Spring 2011
Marc Jacobs Spring 2011
Jeffrey Campbell Spring 2011
Melissa Spring 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment