Thursday, March 3, 2011

My 100th + black & bold preview

My 100th post deserves something a little special.
Preview image from Black & Bold a spring beauty editorial. Look at the face, Brianna Peebles of Factor is drop dead gorgeous! She is stunning!  Photography: Jon Cancelino Styling: Xza Louise Makeup: Enid Seymore and Rommy Hair: Rommy and Kerre Berry

I am asked all the time how to incorporate the latest trends into your existing wardrobe when you are A. on a budget and B. not built right for the trends.

Well this season it is all about bright coral tones and reliving the 70s. Bring on the wide leg trousers  and colors some might say, but for a short curly haired girl like myself I can't do either.
While those wide leg pants can be slimming on some and give the illusion of fuller curves, on a girl like me(34-24.5-36) they are the worst thing imaginable. First of all, I am mid-height, 5'4.5 to be exact. I have an hourglass figure, hence my fondness of fifties dresses. they suck me, showcase my waist and make my hips seem less intrusive.  The 70s are my anti-christ. I want to curl up and hide everytime I see this trend emerge, but there are ways to incorporate big bold looks into your spring wardrobe without looking like a cow. I promise!

Case in point. This model, albeit a size 2 has some serious curves. Not your average skinny mini that is for sure. Insstead of using a wide leg jean I used a skinny jean paired with a looser top. The look is sexy, chic and oh so affordable. You can find a top similar to this at stores like Forever 21 otherwise you can shell out $150 for this Theory top at Saks. Not too bad, right?
The jeans are Marc Jacobs and were only $295, but to do this look on the cheap you can go to your neighborhood Marshalls pick up a pair of blush or light grey skinny jeans for under $30 and a top similar to this for under $25. A chic look that is flattering on us girls with some curves.


No comments:

Post a Comment